Strategic Human Resource Management
A Balanced ApproachPaperback Engels 2014 9780077145620
Now in its second edition, Strategic HRM: A Balanced Approach has been updated and revised throughout to examine the latest in theory and practice. Central to its theme is putting HRM in its organizational context and creating a more balanced approach to managing people – ‘HR sensitivity’.
To illustrate how understanding context is key to successful strategic HRM, this text doesn’t offer best-practice solutions but takes a critical perspective HRM builds on economics, psychology, sociology and industrial relations. It’s a multilevel approach that includes the individual employee, teams, business units, organizations, sectors/populations, and countries.
- New chapter on talent management
- New chapter on strategy implementation
- New cases studies, including CERN IKEA and Efteling
- Major revisions to chapters on achieving the right balance and HR roles.
- Cases and Discussion Questions provide real-world scenarios and issues to illustrate contemporary HR issues in practice
- Stop and Reflect Boxes throughout each chapter designed to encourage students to critically evaluate topics and issues raised and how they can be applied to real-life situations
- Personal Development Boxes help students think about how to link theoretical concepts with the development of personal skills appropriate to effective HRM
- Experiential Exercises present ‘Individual’ and ‘Team’ tasks at the end of each chapter that can be used as in-class exercises encouraging students to learn from direct experiences
- Chapter Summaries provide links to learning objectives to help students remember key facts, concepts and issues. They also serve as an excellent study or revision guide
- References and Further Reading list the literature referred to and highlight sources to help students to research and read around the topic in more depth.
Managementboek Top 100
- Algemeen management
- Coaching en trainen
- Communicatie en media
- Financieel management
- Inkoop en logistiek
- Internet en social media
- IT-management / ICT
- Mens en maatschappij
- Personal finance
- Persoonlijke effectiviteit
- Reclame en verkoop
- Strategisch management
- Werk en loopbaan